Who We Are
Franklin Church of God is a Pentecostal church whose members believe and exercise the freedom to worship, teach, preach, and fellowship in a myriad of forms and methods. Our worship services are a mixture of contemporary and traditional music and Pentecostal preaching that ranges from teaching to illustrated (object lesson) sermons. As a Pentecostal church we invite and encourage our members to discover their spiritual gifts (talents, abilities) and to use those gifts to minister not only to those who are a regular part of our church but also to those whom God may call us to minister outside the normal church setting.
Franklin Church of God was organized in October, 1972 under the tutelage of Pastor Luther Raines. It began on South River Road and has relocated to its current location and undertaken three building programs and several renovations to arrive at its current facilities consisting of 150 seat sanctuary, multiple classrooms and offices, and fellowship hall.
Franklin Church of God is a member of the Church of God denomination with international/general headquarters located in Cleveland, TN and state executive offices for the North Georgia Church of God located in Lawrenceville, GA.
As a member of the Church of God (Cleveland, TN) our doctrine is summarized in a document entitled the Declaration of Faith which is listed below:
1) In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2) In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3) That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
4) That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5) That justification, regenration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6) In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
7) Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
8) In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
9) In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
10) In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11) Divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
12) In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
13) In the premillenial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14) In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.